- This event has passed.
Iron Athlete Weightlifting Coaches Cert by Matt Foreman
Saturday, February 3, 2018 @ 9:00 am - Sunday, February 4, 2018 @ 4:00 pm$459
Sat-Sun, Feb 3rd-4th (9a-4p)
Iron Athlete Weightlifting Coaches Cert
Taught by Matt Foreman
Hosted by East Valley CrossFit
This certification is designed to prepare coaches to do the following:
- Teach the competition lifts and assistance exercise
- Manage an athlete’s training/programming
- Guide an athlete through a weightlifting meet
The Iron Athlete Coaches Certification is unique in its focus on preparing coaches to manage an athlete’s training and competitions. The Iron Athlete Weightlifting Coaches Cert you will learn to guide an athlete through warm-ups, weight selection and counting cards.
The certification is a two day course comprised of six units. Each unit will conclude with a practical exam. Upon completion of all six units participants will take a written exam in order to receive certification as an Iron Athlete Weightlifting Coach.
The six units of study are as follows:
- Unit 1: Teaching the Snatch and Clean & Jerk
- Unit 2: Assistance Exercises and their application
- Unit 3: Programming for Weightlifting Part 1
- Unit 4: Programming for Weightlifting Part 2
- Unit 5: Coaching an Olympic Weightlifting Meet
- Unit 6: The Coach/Athlete Relationship
(each unit will require 2 hours of lecture/practical)
The cost of the certification is $459.00
6 people are attending Iron Athlete Weightlifting Coaches Cert by Matt Foreman