Book Mobility and Massage Sessions with our Trainers
Fascial Stretch Therapy with Jeremy Galo
FST is an assisted stretching protocol where a certified therapist will stretch their clients manually through a wider range of motion than normally thought possible. Jeremy Galo is a Level 2 Certified Fascial Stretch Therapist through the Stretch To Win® Institute. If you are looking to optimize your performance, please contact Jeremy to book an appointment now.
WHAT is Fascial Stretch Therapy?
Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a revolutionary form of stretching that is sweeping the fitness nation. Traditional stretching is generally not only painful, but ineffective. As such, most people find themselves at a performance plateau when it comes to their mobility. FST is an assisted stretching protocol where a certified therapist will stretch their clients manually through a wider range of motion than normally thought possible. And the best part… it will happen pain free.
WHY is stretching important?
- Performance – Improve your strength, speed, power, and endurance. Tight muscles mean more effort just to hold or push out of any given position. By freeing up the excess tightness, motor pattern efficiencies start to develop leading to better performance.
- Well-being – For most people, tight muscles create many day-to-day issues. Reduced tightness leads to less (and sometimes elimination of) pain. For many people, the reduced tension leads to better relaxation which causes better sleep patterns and higher reported energy levels.
- Injury prevention – Tight muscles and muscular imbalances lead to compensatory movement patterns. This causes certain muscles to work harder than they should and create a recipe for injury. Relieving these tensions and imbalances can restore a body to its proper working order.
HOW does Fascial Stretch Therapy work?
- Traction – creates space in the joints to create a more effective stretch
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) – controlled contractions/relaxations of the muscles being stretched allow for a deeper range of motion
- Stretch globally – Finds the root cause of the issue not just treating the symptoms. We stretch the fascia, not just the muscles.
The science behind it can be found HERE
WHO performs the FST sessions?
Jeremy Galo is a Level 2 Certified Fascial Stretch Therapist through the Stretch To Win® Institute. He is also a USA Weightlifting Certified Sports Performance Coach and coaches our Iron Athlete Weightlifting and Powerlifting clubs.
WHEN should I try FST?
No better time than now! If you are looking to optimize your performance, please contact Jeremy at email@example.com to book an appointment now.
Athletic Training & Bodywork with Marie Finamore ATC, CSCS, LMT
More World champions, Olympic medalists, NCAA All-Americans, and professional athletes owe part of their success to Marie’s world class skills than anyone else around. Marie pioneered the concept of engaging the body’s natural reflexes to release the fascia, joints, muscle (including trigger points), and central nervous system. She will evaluate you, and choose the optimum combination of techniques to heal your injuries and/or enhance your performance. Years of experience and advanced education have given Marie a very deep tool kit. If you’d like more information,or want to schedule a consultation/treatment, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 945-7931. For more information visit East Valley Crossfit.
- Director of Sports Medicine
- East Valley CrossFit CrossFit Games Athletic Trainer for EVCF 2014
- 3-Time Olympic Games Trainer/Massage Therapist for USA Wrestling
- Sports Medicine Committee, USA Weightlifting Federation 1990-96
- Rock Doc, Rock Tape MS, Exercise Science/Biomechanics
- Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Athletic Trainer BS, Public Health, Exercise Science/Biomechanics
- More information available on request.