IA Rowing Clinic Taught by Kare Williams
Saturday, October 26
Sat, Oct. 26th (11a-2p)
Iron Athlete Rowing Clinic
Taught by Kare Williams
Hosted by East Valley CrossFit
This 3 Hour Clinic Will:
- Introduce the Concept 2 Ergometer: foot placement, monitor, calories, meters, damper setting, etc.
- Warm-up with a 500m row that is recorded to review later
- Cover basic technique, break down the parts of the stroke (rate, rhythm, force and what good rowing technique is supposed to look like)
- Teach pacing and learn when and where in the stroke to set your rate
- Go into detail about Power: drills to increase power per stroke and a game to incorporate both power and pacing
- Divulge a few “tricks” and racing starts
- End with a class workout with common CF exercise and rowing to help “cement” your new found technique
Kare Williams rowed for the University of Washington and Seattle Rowing Club. She got her Crossfit Rowing Certification in 2009, was the AZ Indoor Women’s Rowing Champion in 2009, Concept 2 World Ranking in Masters Women and Top 5 in the world for multiple distances ranging from 500m to marathon distance 42,195. Kare has been a Crossfit coach for 7 years, is the owner, programmer and head coach at Crossfit Milo in Tucson, AZ.